Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Reflect on your own digital footprint. What search results are returned if your name is Googled? How can you make your footprint positive (as opposed to neutral or nonexistent)? What role can we play in making sure our students have a positive footprint?

My digital footprint changes each time I check.  Following presentations for various organizations or change in positions or educational changes, I am able to find my footprint online.  However, it has been several years since some of these occurrences so my current footprint is nonexistent.  Based on the article from CareerBuilder, there are several strategies that I could and should use to create a positive footprint, including: mastering a brief sound bite for my profile pages; developing a network intentionally; showcasing my skills through links to webfolios, blog, or website if relevant to my career (perhaps links to the good things I have done); and using keywords in the Tags section.   

No comments:

Post a Comment